It was spring 2014 when I first realized I could breathe under water

                     It was spring 2014 when I first realized I could breathe under water 


It was spring 2014 when I first realized I could breathe underwater and I was shocked. Once I found out that I could breathe underwater I used it as an advantage in my swim meets. I am an athletic kid and I am the fastest swimmer in my school. 

I am on my school’s swim team and I am the captain, I am a fast swimmer. I used my underwater breathing skills and fast swimming skills as an advantage in winning, but I don’t always use them. I don’t want to tell anyone about my underwater skills because then I won’t be known as me, people will treat me differently and I don’t want that. I use my skills during swim practice and swim meets. I had reached nationals in swimming and I had won first place I was about to go to internationals as the youngest kid in the world because I was just 13 years old. Internationals was in 1 week and I was physicked but also a little nervous because I was competing against girls who were at a much higher level than me. This time for the competition I was going to use my underwater breathing skills to win.  

I did it!! I won!! I won internationals as the youngest kid in the world. Like my friends tell me believe in yourself and you’ll do it. Later on, by the age of 20, I was a ten-time international swimming winner. I was encouraged by my family and friends to start swimming. This made me realize that what I had done 7 years ago by keeping this underwater breathing skill a secret had done me a lot of good.


Comments

Popular Posts